- Good News from Camp Huron!
We are so glad to be back with our overnight programs for children and youth.
Our August camps are almost full.
Please contact email@example.com to check availability today.
- ANGLICAN FELLOWSHIP OF PRAYER HURON: FALL GATHERING 2022 (ONLINE)
LET US WALK IN JOY AND WONDER. Saturday, October 1, 2022, 9:30am to 12:30pm
When we consider how we will lead our children to faith, we are often surprised to find them leading us! Join the Rev’d Gerry Adam for a time of storytelling, reflection and prayer as we explore the formation of our youngest disciples.
To register please contact the Rev'd Kim Myer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling/texting 519-980-4545.
- DEACON’S PROJECT 2022. Will you help us “Love our Students” in the Diocese of Huron who are in need?
More information and payment instructions check HERE
- Essex Deanery - Lay Leadership course:
Nov 19 - Biblical Studies: Who wrote the Bible?
(On zoom until further notice.) For more information and to register, please contact Rev'd Elise Chambers email@example.com
- Fall courses and events through the Renison Institute of Ministry
Christian Friendship: Theology & Practice
Spirituality of Music
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: Friday, September 9, 2022. COURSES BEGIN THE WEEK OF Monday, September 19, 2022
To register CLICK HERE
Introducing Sing a New Creation (Workshop, register by Friday, September 30)
Advent with Blessed Mary (Retreat, register by Friday, November 18)
- HURON AT WESTERN: CERTIFICATE IN SPIRITUAL LEADERSHIP, Wednesdays 8-10 pm, starting October 5 (hosted on Zoom)
Certificate in Spiritual Leadership is being offered by Huron University, Licentiate program. This program is for active lay leaders who want more confidence as spiritual leaders. It involves 3, 6-week units focused on prayer, scripture and vocation. Indigenous spiritual wisdom and a field placement practicum are offered along with the foundational Revive program. For more information https://huronatwestern.ca/.../theology/life-long-learning/ or contact Dr. Grayhame Bowcott at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SEE THE POSTER
- Holy Trinity St. Stephen's Memorial (727 Southdale Rd. London) - BOOK NOOK CHANGE OF HOURS: Starting in August, we will be making a slight change in the opening hours of the Book Nook. We will no longer be open on Tuesdays.
Our new hours will be:
- EVENTS AT ST. GEORGE'S, LONDON
Tea-ology will resume at St. George's London in September for five weeks beginning on Wednesday, September 14 at 1:30pm in the Upper Parish Hall.
Each week we will reflect on what is important to us in our faith using classics in Christian theology as our guide - fortified by hot tea and delicious dessert. People can contribute as much or as little to the discussion as they wish, or just sit back and listen. The conversations are gently reflective and above all a chance for us to talk about and share our faith together.
Our books for the fall are as follows: Knowing God by the eminent Canadian evangelical theologian James Packer, and an excerpt from Dostoyevsky's The Brothers Karamazov called "The Grand Inquisitor" - one of the great classics in Christian fiction. All are welcome!
Word Salad? A Conversation about Key Christian Words
Christian faith, like any religion, has its own language. It deploys a set of terms drawn from the Biblical revelation around which its worship, devotion, and theological reflection are organized. As ordinary believers, we learn ‘to speak Christian’—and so to act and think Christianly—primarily through engagement with the Scriptures, prayers, and hymns of the Church. But these terms apart from theological reflection can sometimes degenerate into a kind of ‘word salad’; words we use without any clear sense of their meaning. This fall we will have an opportunity to reflect together on four primary terms of the Christian vocabulary on four successive Wednesday evenings:
God – October 26
Jesus Christ – November 2
Holy Spirit – November 9
The Human Being – November 16
Each session will begin at 7:00 pm and end at 8:30 pm. There will be ample opportunity for questions and discussion. The sessions will be facilitated by the Rev'd Canon Dr. Tim Connor. All are welcome!
- THE FIRST SUPPER. Join us for an Indian Dinner Experience presented by the London Area Anglican Churches in Support of Outreach Ministries. October 14, Sanctuary of St. Aidan's Church.
Cocktails at 5:30pm
Dinner at 6:30pm
Experience an evening of FINE FOOD, Music, Friendship, and fellowship all in support of outreach work in the City of London.
There will be a cash bar, an auction, Indian Drumming and Soulful Songs performed by Stephen Holowitz. Tickets are $50
For more info see the poster.
To reserve your tickets: email@example.com or 519-471-1430
- The Anglican Church of Canada: A JOURNEY OF PILGRIMAGE AND DISCOVERY FOR YOUNG ADULTS. MAY 1-12, 2023.
Young adults (ages 20-26) from across the Anglican Church of Canada are invited to apply to participate in a 10-day multi-narrative pilgrimage to the land of our sacred history.
Applicants need to be 20-26 years old and will require a letter of endorsement from their bishop (to be uploaded with their application). 15-20 applicants will be selected for the pilgrimage. While the cost of the trip will be $5,095, much of that cost will be subsidized by donations and by General Synod, with a minimum of $1,500 as the financial commitment required of each participant, plus travel and medical insurance. Support with fundraising will also be made available through General Synod.
FOR MORE DETAILS GO HERE
- Trinity, Sarnia is looking for a Young Families Minister. This is a newly created full-time, in-person, salaried position with the following focus: Build, lead and support a young families ministry team to reach, teach, and mobilize young families in our church and community.
For the full job description, please click here!
All Saints’, Waterloo is looking for a Children’s and Youth Pastor. This is a part-time position, 8 hours per week for a 2-year contract beginning in October 2022.
Primary duty is to nurture and grow the existing Children’s and Youth Ministry on Sunday mornings and 1 evening per week.
For the full job description, please click here!
- Office Administrator needed for two Anglican churches: The Church of the Holy Saviour, Waterloo and Church of St. John the Evangelist, Kitchener.
We are two dynamic Anglican churches seeking a Parish Administrator, either separately or together. The Church of the Holy Saviour is a parish in Uptown Waterloo and Church of St. John the Evangelist is in downtown Kitchener. We are looking for a self-motivated person with good relational and communication skills to perform administrative and receptionist duties on a part-time basis at each church with time totaling 27 hours between the two churches. A familiarity with Anglican church practices would be helpful.
The person we are looking for will be well-organized, attentive to detail and able to work independently. The successful candidate will be sensitive to all who enter the parish offices or seek ministry over the phone. Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential. Experience with Microsoft applications, Church Windows, Tithely or a comparable system, website, social media management, and editing is required.
The preferred start date is late August, 2022.
For a complete job description or for more information on either or both of these positions please contrac Tricia Siemens, firstname.lastname@example.org (The Church of the Holy Saviour) or email@example.com (The Church of St John the Evangelist).
- St. John the Evangelist Church in Leamington is seeking an Organist/Musical Director
Sunday Services Chorale Eucharist at 10:30 am with extra services at Easter and Christmas. Weddings and Funerals happen occasionally. Remuneration to be discussed.
Approx. 10 voice choir. Church has a 12 Stop Casavant Pipe Organ.
Send resume to St Johns the Evangelist
60 Erie St N
Leamington, ON N8H 2Z5
c/o David Seaton
or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- St. John’s, Port Rowan is looking for an Organist (Part Time Employment Opportunity). Organist for Local Anglican Services - Our group enjoys singing a variety of styles of music. Organ is manual digital with full pedal. Send resume to email@example.com
Any questions: 519-586-3401
- Through KAIROS, 10 churches and religious organizations work together in faithful action for ecological justice and human rights. The Anglican Church of Canada is one of those churches. The Kairos Blanket Exercise (KBE) is part of the Kairos organization, and they are looking to fill some vacancies:
Digital Communications and Marketing Coordinator – Closes August 9 2022
Human Resources Administrator – Closes August 11 2022
KAIROS Blanket Exercise Team Lead – Closes August 15 2022
For more information, please visit: https://www.kairoscanada.org/who-we-are/jobs
- YOUTH UNLIMITED. YFC SOUTHWESTERN ONTARIO. WE’RE HIRING: ACCOUNTING CLERK
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic accounting clerk to work in the business office based in Woodstock, ON.
This individual must be highly organized and flexible, with the ability to handle a multitude of tasks simultaneously. They must be knowledgeable in accounts receivable and payable, and be able to help with receipting donors and manage fundraising income and reports. As a team player, they must work well under pressure and be able to meet the demands of a busy office. The ideal candidate will have proven accounting experience, familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures and competency in MS Office, databases and accounting software.
The salary of this staff position is determined on a scale based on education and experience and is funded on a missionary basis requiring the gathering of a ministry partnership team. Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities.
To apply for this rewarding position, please visit: https://swoyfc.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=58